Sunday, October 11, 2009

Purdue OWL

After I looked around on the OWL website, I found some interesting things that can help me in writing my paper. The website has APA format, which is good in case I forget the format I can look on the website. There are many different things on the OWL website such as on how to write research papers, literary analysis and criticism, logic in argumentative writing and citations. Most of the stuff we use is on the website. What we been learning so far is on making argumentative discussion. We would benefit from learning on the OWL website on different things. I would recommend using it to write a paper. I think you will develop your writing skills more if you refer to the website. If you need to cite something but don’t know how to cite it correctly you can look on the OWL for information. It has almost everything you can think of, English-related. It wont guide you wrong.

11 comments:

  1. yeah OWL is helpful with citing and more. Yes, it is benefitful for everybody who need to gain their skills with writing

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you know that the website wont guide us in the wrong way? I mean you don't have any proof that it is an indeed successful website? I believe the website is, but we actually do not have any proof you know? something for all of us to think about :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't see the part about citation. I'll have to check that out. I agree that our writing skills could improve if we use OWL to assist us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. danielle- we wont know until we try it out and see how it is :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to agree with Danielle, how do you know that the website won't guide us in the wrong way? Not saying that the OWL itself isn't helpful, it was very helpful to me. But we all don't write the same way so you might view it differently than someone else does. It all depends on how we CHOOSE to write the piece.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What would you most benefit from? What were you surprised to see on the website? I know I was surprised to see an option for creative writing on there. Mose websites only help with extremely structured pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Agree with you about the OWL having everything you could think of. It has almost unlimited resources!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're definitely right about the website not "guiding us wrong." It seems as if the website is the utopia or heaven when it comes to writing english papers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OWL provides much more things than just citation lessons, check the website out. your piece was good tho, not bad! :]

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, although Utopia will never succeed, OWL is getting there! There is nothing I disagree with the sources it had.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A little short but still got your points across. Good job.

    ReplyDelete